Thursday, September 11, 2008

Conquering new frontiers, daily

Last Friday I had surgery.
Doctor's orders: take it easy.
What do I do?

Well, Wednesday morning I looked out the window and realized, the lawn MUST be mowed. Now I have never mowed a lawn before, per se. But I'm looking through the vast jungle that is our front yard thinking, "it can't be that hard, right?"

HA.

I won't tell you the whole story, but let's just say it included me crawling to my next door neighbor's house, clutching my side, asking her to come help me start my mower (mind you, my neighbor is pregnant), and my neighbor across the street (whom I've never formally met) yelling instructions to me from his garage. And I can't be entirely sure, but I think he might have been laughing a bit too.

WHATEVER.

Now my lawn is pretty. well, prettier.

Go, me.

This is *not* me, but I felt about as dumb as this person looks.

2 comments:

Happy Camper said...

Um, so the moral is you have a secret foot fetish? :)

Anonymous said...

Yup. That's it. You got me :)