Saturday, September 6, 2008

The further adventures

I'm finally recovered (and lucid) enough to write a short update. I had a minor surgery to have my gall bladder removed yesterday and have pretty much been sleeping ever since. Don't get me wrong, the idea of sleeping all day has been a big perk, could I just have it without all the pain? :)

Otherwise, things have been good around here. On Thursday, we took an impromptu trip to Mt. Rainier to go hiking with the kids. Carter really wanted to go to the top of the mountain. Namely, he wanted Daddy to drive him there. We quickly found out that if you drive up to Paradise, and don't park quickly enough in the new parking lot, you will eventually find yourself winding back down the mountain and it's a four-mile trek back up to Paradise.

So, once Carter realized that we couldn't drive to the top, he insisted that we hike to the top of the mountain. We grabbed a bite to eat before beginning our mountainous trek "to the top," which amazingly enough, was listed under one of the "easy" hikes. :) I made the unfortunate mistake of telling Carter that we were taking one of the easy hikes and he started stomping his feet. "I DON'T WANT AN EASY HIKE! I WANT A HARD HIKE!!!" After hiking for about 20 minutes he changed his tune. "THIS IS TOO HARD! I WANT TO GO HOOOOOME!!!" So much for reaching the top of the mountain.

Bella, not to be outdone by her brother's dramatics, decided to throw her own fit, Bella style. "pick me up, put me down, pick me up, put me down..." Every time I put her down, she would make a run for it. About half of the time, her "run for it" was in the wrong direction. She had a couple of good spills along the way. Finally I picked her up (against her will) and decided to entertain her by dangling a video camera (the super cool new one I got for my birthday!) in front of her. Here is what resulted...




This worked great for a while, until, inevitably, she wanted to be put down again. About every five feet, she flopped down on the ground like this:



The next day we went to get our pictures taken and so I'll leave you with these:

1 comment:

Kate said...

AWWW, you are all so darn cute, Carrie! I love this blogging thing - what a nice way to see into the lives of friends. Your family is beeee-ooo-tee-ful!