If my kids ruled the world, they would want nothing but lima beans and carrots for lunch. Weird, I know...
Don't get me wrong, my kids aren't typically health food nuts. This morning while I was making breakfast, Bella got into the leftover Halloween candy and started chomping away at a lollipop. She screamed when I took it away and gave her a banana instead. So you can imagine my surprise when Carter wanted stringy carrots for lunch (using a julienne peeler) and while I was peeling the carrot onto Bella's plate, she reached up and grabbed the carrot out of my hand and started chowing down. Of course, to be equitable, I had to then give Carter his own carrot (that was as big as he was). I asked him what else he wanted. Just lima beans. Nothing else. I even tried to be sneaky and put some noodles on their plates.
Nope. Not havin it.
Who's kids are these anyway???
And yes, for the record, we were still in our pajamas at lunch time. There, I said it. As Carter would say, it happens.

4 comments:
Your kids like lima beans? I'm so proud! See, I'm not the only one. Question: how did they experience lima beans? You don't like lima beans do you? I didn't think any of my friends liked them like I do?
also, I would totally still be in my pj's if I could be. For some reason they frown on that at my office. Wierd.
Do they love Reese's like you too?
I think they have yet to truly discover the finer things in life :) Actually today Carter was a HUGE help at the grocery store, so I let him pick out a candy bar. He picked up a butterfinger (another one of my favorites). He took a few bites and then turned up his nose at it. Can't say that's a bad thing... :)
Post a Comment