Monday, January 12, 2009

Disco is alive and well

Carter has a new favorite movie. He has become 100% ADDICTED to Mamma Mia. We watched it one night at my brother-in-law's house, thinking the kids would go play like usual. To the contrary, they sat raptly listening to the music. There may even have been a little bit of dancing involved too.
Ok, lots of dancing.

The next day, Carter began singing the songs at breakfast. To make a long story short, we ended up watching it again that day. And the next.
On the fourth day, we rested, much to his dismay.
He begged.
He pleaded.
We won.
No Mamma Mia.
We did however listen to the soundtrack twice.

Day five. We ended up watching it again. Carter can now sing most of the songs on his own. I don't know if I should be amused or embarrassed.

I was, however entertained yesterday as I overheard him singing "Money, Money, Money" whilst playing with his train set. I realized that he had misunderstood the lyrics and was instead belting out "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy - in a rich man's world."
*sigh*

Don't get me wrong. I love, love, LOVE this movie! If you haven't seen it yet, DO. I am seriously kicking myself for not seeing the musical while I was in London right after it first opened. But four times in five days is excessive.

That didn't stop me from grabbing the soundtrack on my way out the door to a meeting this evening though.

Here's a clip from one of Carter's favorite parts in the movie. Enjoy!

No comments: