Saturday, February 14, 2009

Holy Matrimony!

Tonight Carter was watching cartoons and on one of his favorite shows, the main character was getting ready to go to a wedding. I mentioned that Dave and I will be attending a wedding tomorrow (Go, team Murnita!) Here is a brief synopsis of the conversation that followed:

Carter: I wish I could get married
Me: You can someday.
C: Who do I get to marry?
M: Who do you want to marry?
C: I want to marry you!
M: Well, you can't marry me, I'm married to Daddy (this isn't the first time we've had this conversation)
C: I know, I know (hanging his head)
And then, as if a light bulb has gone off over his head
C: I know! I'll marry grandma!
M: Honey, you can ask grandma, but I just don't think it will work out.
C: This is HORRIBLE! Who in the world am I going to marry???
At this point in the conversation, he is literally starting to tear up.
M: Don't worry honey, someday you'll find someone just perfect for you. (am I really having this conversation with a 4 year old???)
C: Ok.
I'm thinking ok, time to move on to a new subject. He was starting to look seriously dashed. Finally, he comes over to me and pats me on the hand and says:
It's ok. I understand. I'll just marry Aunt Sarah instead.

Ok, I guess I'm just going to let this one go for now...

1 comment:

Dizzle. said...

I will marry Carter. Can we have a ceremony in the living room like they did on _Full House_?