Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Entertain Me. Please.

I have just about exhausted my supply of books and am in desperate need of something else to read. I just finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter which I LOVED. Anyone ready any good books lately? Any suggestions. Entertain me. Please. :)

6 comments:

Betsy Eves @JavaCupcake said...

You can read my school books for me :D :D

carrieann123 said...

I think you misunderstood...I said ENTERTAIN me, not put me to sleep. Been there. Done that. No thanks! :)

Happy Camper said...

I just wanted to comment to say that I can't really help you there, because the last book I read was Wicked, which was... interesting. You'll have to let me know what you thought of it if you read it. Maybe you should post on which books WE should read, because I'm feeling good-book deprived lately. And yes, I've read Twilight. ;)

carrieann123 said...

Yeah, I tried several times to make it through Wicked, but kept giving up. I started a new Vampire Series - the one they based the HBO show True Blood on, but have found that they bug me now, so I'm giving up on book 5 (I think). My mommy meetup group is reading Shoe-aholics anonymous, but I haven't picked that up yet. I don't think I can go to the book club meeting anyways. At least it's a place to start though. I would highly recommend the Memory Keeper's Daughter.

Jaime said...

Here are just a few of my favorites. I coud go on for days.

-1000 White Women by Jim Fergus

-The Queen of the Big Time by Adriana Trigiani

-The Girls by Lori Lansens

-Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen

-The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (memoir)

-The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama

-Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer

-Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc by Loraine Despres

-Girl With The Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

-Stolen Lives by Malika Oufkir (memoir)

-Life OF Pi by Yann Martel

-The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan I picked for our moms group in March. You could get a head start on that.

Anonymous said...

I really liked Stephenie Meyer's other book, The Host. On her website, she also recommends The Girl Who Could Fly, which seems to be on back order from the publisher because no one in town has it that I've been able to find. Oh, and I'm reading Slumdog Millionaire, which has been really good.

(This is Jess, btw)