Monday, March 8, 2010

Walk softly, carry a big stick

Although she has made great strides lately, B has always had a bit of a problem getting certain words and sounds out. One sound in particular that has been tripping her up is her /s/ sound. So for the purposes of authenticity (not to mention propriety) I need you, dear reader(s?) to play along. Over the course of the following vignette, would you be so kind as to replace the letters "st" with the /d/ sound anytime Bella is speaking? Just play along. It will be fun.

The other day, Dave took Carter to soccer practice at his school and in the meantime, he and Bella went to play on the playground along with some other parents and soccer siblings. And this, my friend(s), is where our story unfolds.

B: Daddy! Look at me, I've got a stick!!
D: I'm sorry - you've got a what?
B: A stick! A stick! I've got a stick!
D: ...
B: I've got a big, BIG stick! I'm going to draw in the sand with my great big stick!!!

Well, come on. Let's be honest. What else would you do with a big stick?

No comments: