Sunday, February 14, 2010

Balentimes Day, Explained

Bella and Carter have been roommates, so to speak, for at least a year or so. Lately I've noticed an interesting, albeit sweet, trend: I put them to bed and they don't stop talking for at least an hour. So in honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd relay one of the most recent gems that I overheard, well after lights-out.

Carter: "...so you see, Bella, Balentime's Day is a really important holiday. You know all those cards I filled out downstairs? Well, I'm going to take those to school and hand them out to all the kids. But that's not the best part. The special thing is (he's nearly squealing with excitement at this point) THEY'RE GOING TO GIVE ME CARDS TOO! They might even pile all the way up to the ceiling - there's that many kids in my class. And that's what Balentime's Day is all about, after all."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments: